Friday, August 27, 2010

My little "reader"...

I LOVE that Crew is soooo into books...he would much rather read then play with his other toys!  I think that books and his building blocks are definitely his two favorite items to play with!  He of course loves when Mommy or Daddy read to him, but within the last few weeks he will even "read" to himself!  He sits in his rocker or on the couch and goes through the pages...it is so adorable to watch! 

Some of Mommy and Crew's favorite stories:
On the Day You Were Born
The Kissing Hand
Guess How Much I Love You
I Love My Mommy Because...
Elmo and Friends (Crew's favorite!)

Crew babbles all of the time, but here are a few new words he has learned!

Elmo - points and says Elmo all of the time while we read his favorite book!
Balloon - also from his favorite book, Elmo and Friends
Hot! - Mommy has tried to teach him what this means and now he knows and says it!  I always say this when he is around the stove and I'm cooking and when the water is running and may be hot and around lights and other possibly dangerous things!  So now he says it all of the time...ha!
Car - loves pointing cars out in books.
Uh oh! - when his blocks fall over!
Oh no! - again, when his block fall over!
Love you - my parents swear they heard him say this!?  I thought I have heard him say it before...but not consistently yet!



I love this book...one of my favorites!

I know I will be doing this when Crewsie goes to school...but not for a LONG time...ha!

We love Little and Big Nutbrown Hare!

Crewsie and I both like this one!  He loves all of the little animals!

And Crew's favorite book of the moment!  It is a big book full of color and a bunch of exciting pictures...he loves pointing to things and talking!

No comments:

Post a Comment