Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Pre Halloween Festivities...

This weekend we were busy getting ready for our little Halloween party on Monday!  We ended the weekend by carving our pumpkins Sunday night!  I have carved a pumpkin every year since I can remember...even when I didn't have a little one I always made an effort to carve my own.  I know some people don't get into Halloween, but I love it!  My parents always had a great time at Halloween and always put a lot of effort into our costumes, etc.  My Pops and Gram also always made it a fun holiday for us.  They always had these awesome Halloween parties for all of the grandkids...we absolutely LOVED it!  EVERYONE in the family would dress up...we have tons of great pictures and videos from those parties.  Gram would even make her own chocolates and we would play games and have a treasure hunt.  I like to think that I'm keeping the tradition alive in our house too!

Daddy and Crewsie were too busy to look up for the pic!  haha!
Yaya helping scrape out the seeds!


All done!


I always roast the pumpkin seeds too!  Yummy!
And a few from Friday night...we stayed in and Crewsie and I made homemade pizzas!
Helping Momma make the pizza dough!
We made two pizzas, but this one we made with sauerkraut on top!  There is a place in Sandusky where we used to keep our boat that was famous for their sauerkraut pizzas (Cameo's Pizza!)...if you like pizza and sauerkraut give it a try...it's delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment