Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Hodge, podge post...

I have a lot of random pics and I thought I would put them in one post instead of breaking it up into a lot of little posts.  I love seeing other peoples "before and after" photos and I like seeing my own too!  We recently renovated our last bathroom (thank goodness!).  It's just our half bath, but it is such an improvement...we can't believe we didn't do it sooner...especially since we have lived with this bathroom since we moved in 6.5 years ago...a little embarrassing!  haha!  I also have 2 blogs that I have been following recently that I love...check them out on the left sidebar of my blog under blogs I follow...Texas Cottage (she gives great ideas for crafts and recipes) and "Before meets After."
Greggy tore down the wallpaper and chair rail, counter top and back splash and removed light, old faucet and mirror.
We had put in a new toilet when we moved in so at least that was done!  Then he installed new mirror, faucet, electrical outlets, light above mirror, painted ceiling and walls and trim and tiled the countertop!
I'm so lucky to have such a handy man as a husband!
 Mommy had been working on her own little project...refinishing my old furniture for Crewsie!  He was in desperate need of some more drawer space in his bedroom.  So we took out his baby dresser and put my old one in his room.
Above:  Is the color the dresser used to be and the old hardware.  Its solid oak furntiure and I knew if I took the time it could look great again.  Below:  I stripped the old stain and sanded the dresser down.
Staining time!
The finished product with some new hardware!  Now I think I want to get a piece of glass cut for the top.
Now he has plenty of drawer space and all his clothes are organized and in one area...so much better!
And now for my favorite...we have started to finish our basement!  We have talked about doing this for a few years and I am so happy we are finally doing it!  It is by no means complete yet, but I wanted to share the "before."  We are finishing about 2/3 of the basement which will give us another 600 square feet of living area.  Our plans (as of now) are to put a lot of Crew's toys down there and make it his main toy room, we want to add a couch and some chairs, a t.v. and a bar (which Daddy is going to build!).  I can't wait until it's done!
Greg framed a closet in for the electrical box, shut-off valves, and a drain that we could need access to.
First he painted a special paint on the walls in case we would get any moisture, then put up plastic and then the framing.  Next will be the insulation and drywall.


This pic was taken before we cleaned out the basement.  We got rid of a ton of stuff...felt sooooo good to purge junk we didn't need and get everything organized!

 And just a few cute ones of Crewsie playing this weekend...



And one more little project...an elf mailbox!  I know I'm totally crazy, but my family is crazy for elves!  Every year from the time we were little kids, elves would come and visit us for Christmas (my grandparents started this tradition with my Mom when she was little!).  The deal is that the Elves ride in on the first snow flakes or Dec. 1st  (which ever comes first!).  This year I've added the Elf mailbox...which will be painted and every once in a while our Elves will leave Crewsie a letter!
 I was cleaning the office this weekend (again, purging junk felt so good!) and came across this book I bought from an old (and supposedly) haunted library...so naturally, I choose "The Strange Woman" to buy from the haunted library!  duh!  Anyway, Greg couldn't help himself and told me how fitting it was that I bought it, so he snapped this photo...he thinks he's so funny.

1 comment:

  1. more more more! i want to see more of this!! love posts like this one, britt! awesome! im a HUGE lover of interior design blogs so this post goes right to my heart! lol.. i want to see more of the basement as its coming along!

    ReplyDelete