Thursday, January 13, 2011

Oldies, but goodies...

I hate to go longer than a week without posting something to the blog, so here you have it...some oldies from January 2010!  I still can't believe some of these pictures are from last year...they seem like just a couple of months ago!

We have trying to keep busy during these cold winter days, but sometimes this Momma definitely gets the "winter blues."  I LOVE being outside in the yard or going for walks so it's kind of depressing being inside so much lately.  We have all of Crew's winter gear, but it is just toooooo darn cold for the little man to be outside for any amount of time.  Crew and I  have stayed busy this week with our second swim lesson (Crew absolutely loves the water and has no fear...more on this next week!), Mother Goose program and tomorrow I think we will head to Romp n' Stomp!  I haven't taken any pics this week, so I will try to get some next week of Crewsie during some of his activities.  Hope everyone has a great weekend =)

In keeping with the "theme" of this post I have added some new music...Oldies like The Temptations, Chuck Berry and Ben E. King...'Stand By Me' is one of my most favorite songs!  My dad listened to Oldies all of the time while we where growing up and I still LOVE music from this era!  It is by far my favorite music and I wish I could go back in time and see what life was like then.  Tay, Blake and I would always 'help' my dad wash the cars, be playing in the backyard or twirling our batons in the family room (we have proof of all of this via our home movies!) while we would listen to The Drifters, Elvis, The Beatles, Jerry Lee Lewis, Buddy Holly, Marvin Gaye, The Righteous Brothers, The Platters, or the Four Seasons...just to name a few of our favorites!  So here are a handful of some of my favorites...

Gotta love Johnny B. Goode!

I used to love dancing to Chantilly Lace when I was little.  I would be dressed in my trademark (a 'trademark' is a white undershirt that I used to wear all of the time...I need to try and find a picture of me in one...not sure why we called it a 'tradmark?!" and a red pleated skirt with leg warmers and twirling my baton all while my Dad was video taping me...haha!  Makes me want to go pop in an old home movie!
La Bamba was one of my favorites when I was little...it was the first cassette tape I had!  I know that Crew will never understand what a cassette was...makes me feel old!


And finally my ALL TIME FAVORITE...'Unchained Melody' by the Righteous Brothers...how could you not love this song!?!?

 Last year during his first swim lessons...amazing how much he has grown!
 My little sleeping prince!
 Before he was running all over the house...at this point he was pulling himself up, but not walking!
 Those chubby, chubby legs are getting skinnier!
 I can't tell you how much we LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this little boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment