Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Spring trip to Put-in-Bay!


We headed up to Put-in-Bay last Friday to celebrate my 30th birthday!  We stayed Friday and Saturday night and it was sooooo relaxing.  The weather was a little on the cool side (honestly, it felt more like it was October, not April!) but we still got out and enjoyed the island.  Saturday the whole family came up and we all had a lot of fun going to The Boathouse for lunch and then we hit up the winery!
We got up early Friday and headed to Catawba!  It's great because it is only about an hour and a half car ride from our house to catch the ferry!  I think it is funny because Crew has literally been on every mode of transportation I can think of (plane, car, train, trolley, golf cart, boats, taxi, ferry, and a bus...and I'm not kidding!) 

Almost there...


The island actually has some really nice playgrounds for the kiddies.
Monkey man hanging on the rings...no wonder he has "nurse maids elbow!"
They had this fun contraption for older kids, and since I am one, I decided to take a twirl!

DIZZY!
Then Yaya tried...
Don't worry...he didn't fall off...he was doing this on purpose!  Goofball!
It was strange seeing the marina so empty.

 I've always LOVED this little church on the island and always wanted to get some pictures of it (I'm not Catholic, but I don't think they would mind me taking a couple of quick pics!).

One of the great features of my new camera is being able to take a pic in darkness without a flash like some of the pics below.  The church was very, very dark, but you would never know it.

Again, I took this pic of the ceiling in almost complete darkness...
Back to some more playgrounds...and Yaya trying to kill herself.

A new family of little geese...so adorable.  I like the little independent one that is ahead of the pack.
The peace memorial is STILL under construction :(  So once again, we couldn't go up to the observation deck.
Some of the many grapevines on the island.

And Yaya nearly injured herself again....
Laughing at herself...
And Crew laughing at her...


 Wine time!

We had a golf cart for the weekend and it was a lot of fun!




My little daredevil wanted to twirl!
There are a ton of quaint bed and breakfasts..I tried to take the below pic as we were driving by on the golf cart.
Some of the houses are pretty old and kind of scary (especially in black and white!).
Popa and Crew Bear!

Dada and Crew obviously didn't think this was as funny as I did!  hahaha!

Crewsie telling Aunt Casey that she was stinky!  Just kidding Auntie Case!




He was a sticky mess by the time he was done with the sucker...all over his face, eye lids, and hands...but he enjoyed it immensely!


Notice the pumpkin in the upper window...kinda creepy!  This house really looks like it is straight out of a scary movie.  As we were riding by my Mom said "You couldn't pay me enough to stay the night in that house all by myself!"  I TOTALLY agree...I would be sooooo freaked out!
I had a great 30th birthday...thanks family...I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment