Monday, February 21, 2011

A VERY interesting week...

WARNING:  Long Post...but I wanted to document exactly what happened!  haha!

Our week started out pretty normal.  Tuesday morning we met our Mommys group at Romp n' Stomp and Tuesday night we had swim class.  We woke up Wednesday morning to beautiful warm, sunny weather so Crew and I headed into Medina to walk around the square.  I decided to stop in the 'All Fired Up' pottery place and it looked like a lot of fun so I decided to let Crewsie paint a plate for himself.  Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera with me, so no pics...but I will take a pic of the plate once we get it back from being fired.  He loved it and we even put his little hand print on the plate!  Then we went to Dan's Dog House for a yummy hot dog lunch.

We came home, Crewsie took a normal 3 hour nap, ate dinner, gave him his bath, read some stories, put him in his crib and he went to bed.  Greg and I are relaxing on the couch and heard Crew start crying ...this is very abnormal for Crew, but I told Greg he will cry it out and fall back asleep.  Well, next thing we know Crew's bedroom door OPENED!?!?!!?  WHAT JUST HAPPENEND!?!?!?  He climbed out of his crib....I knew then that we were in BIG trouble!  Greg and I look at each other STUNNED and I said you better run upstairs and get him, because I wanted to make sure he wasn't hurt and I didn't want him to stumble down the stairs.  Around 11:30 p.m. I put him back in bed...he was totally calm and he layed down with no problem and I thought "Thank goodness!'  he is finally going to go back to sleep!  I was wrong...10 minutes later he was standing in our room!  He climbed out of his crib again, opened his door, ran down the hall and opened our door and was standing there screaming!  To make a very long story short, he fell asleep with us around 1:00 a.m. and no one got very much sleep that night.

We didn't know what we were going to do, so the next day at nap time I had no choice but to put him in his crib....and he slept for 3 hours and then climbed out of his crib AGAIN!  That made 3 times total and I told Greg that we couldn't risk putting him in his crib anymore.  We tried everything that evening before his bed time.  We tried putting him in his Pack n' Play...he climbed out!  We took apart the bottom of his crib and put his Pack n' Play down on the floor in the crib...he climbed out!  We were shocked!  We were going to try a 'crib tent' but read that those can be very dangerous and kids get hung up on them, so that was no longer an option...we had no choice that night but to let Crew sleep with us again in bed (a habit that I never wanted to start).  It was now Friday morning and since Wednesday I had gotten about 6 hours of sleep and was exhausted.  I knew we had to figure something out and fast.

At first we were going to get a little toddler bed, but then decided against it.  Crew was already starting to grow out of his crib, so I knew the little toddler bed would only last maybe six months, if that.  So we  put our extra queen bed from our spare room into his room.  Friday Crew and I went shopping and got him new sheets, comforter, and a rail for the side of the bed.  We got his room put together Friday evening and all seemed good.  Friday night Crewsie got his bath and I read him his stories and then it was time for bed...in the "Big Boy" bed.  He wanted NOTHING to do with it!  I shut his door, shut the lights off and then climbed in bed and told him to come sleep with Mommy.  He stood in the middle of his room and screamed his head off for 20 minutes (what you have to understand is Crew never does this...he never fights nap time or night time...he loves sleeping!)...after he was completely exhausted from all the crying he crawled up in the bed and finally fell asleep.  Around 3:00 a.m. he cried for Daddy first and then wanted Mommy.  I slept with him the rest of the night in his bed.  Then Saturday we started to turn the corner.  Saturday at nap time I read him a couple of stories and then he fell right asleep in his big boy bed and slept for 4.5 hours!  Saturday night was the same thing....he fell asleep and slept until 8:00 a.m.!!!  Sunday was another great day of nap and night time in the Big Boy bed and Crew is taking a nap as I type!  He now is in love with the big boy bed and he loves cuddling up in it...you can tell he is so much more comfortable in the big bed then in his crib!

I have to admit when this all started Wednesday night I was FREAKING OUT!  I selfishly thought..."Oh my goodness, I'm never going to sleep another normal night again!"  I never thought he would be the type of kid to climb out of his bed and didn't think he was "mature" enough yet to handle sleeping in a normal bed.  I thought Crew would be in a crib for at least another few months...I had no idea that he would be in a big bed so young...but in the end he was ready for the BIG BOY BED!
Valentine's Day!  Crewsie got some new trucks and new clothes from Cupid!

He loves sitting at his little table eating snacks!
Eatin' lunch!
In his new BIG BOY bed after a nap!  Doesn't he look happy!!!
Kisses from Daddy!
He got his first fat lip and was showing it off!
What a stinker!

No comments:

Post a Comment